Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

24 oz of Greek Yogurt for 0.63? NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!

I told you guys how much I love Greek yogurt and all the cool uses for it, right? It gets so expensive, $4.20 for a 32oz container at Sam's Club twice a month can add up, so I was very excited to find out that I could make my own and I didn't need a fancy gadgets. And the results were - I could make this no problem. So I bought a gallon of milk this time (you can freeze a little of your yogurt to use as a starter). A gallon of milk from Aldi's is 1.99, there are 16 cups in a gallon (0.125/cup) and I used 5 cups of milk and got 24 oz of yogurt that costed .63! That's not bad - 32oz for $4.20 Vs 24oz for 0.63!!! And, I took one of the ideas from the web site I posted about what to do with the extra whey from making yogurt, using it in place of buttermilk in recipes and I made the most delicious soda bread ever. Sooooo crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. So it's a win-win! I really hope you guys try making your own Greek yogurt, I'm telling once you taste it you will never want store bought again. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment