Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Morning Protein Shakes

Protein shakes are great for a quick breakfast before the start of your day. It is great for before or after a workout. You can make a high calorie shake to fill you up for a long day or an intense workout. Low calorie shakes are good for snacks between meals or a quick breakfast before work.

This is the protein shake recipe that I usually have mornings. Vanilla protein powder -- I bought this brand at Sam's for $20, it is not vegan and it does contain a little sweetener in it. I used to use NutriBiotic Rice Protein Powder but it was getting a little pricey. I just do not use the full amount of the Pure Protein because it tastes a little too sweet but it is fine to use --, 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed -- it is cheaper to buy in bulk the seeds from a whole foods store and then grind them in a coffee grinder. Remember if you are using a coffee grinder to grind seeds make sure you are not grinding coffee and spices in it as well. Use separate grinders. Then put them in a Ziploc bag. I just recycled a bag --, 1 cup almond milk or filtered water -- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk if you are using a frozen banana --, 1 cup of frozen fruit -- any fruit you like -- 1 banana frozen or not -- the banana makes it a higher calorie shake. When you use a frozen banana you get a milk shake consistency and taste. I do not usually use banana in my shake but I had a crazy cardio workout this morning and I need this -- and, one good blender. Add all the ingredients in your blender and blend well. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment