Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Clean Chicken Nuggets




















I always loved chicken nuggets as a kid and an adult. But store brought, fast food or restaurant chicken nuggets aren't good for you. That breading and deep frying can do a number to your stomach and, let's face it, your weight line. I have been on a oat bran kick lately, just experimenting with different types of ways to bread things besides using whole wheat flour all the time. Oat bran I found was a great sub.

I used oat bran, ground golden flax seeds (4 to 2 ratio oat bran to flax), cumin, ground mustard and mixed it up to make a breading. I dipped chicken pieces in almond flour then in egg whites mixed with a little water, then in the breading. Place breaded chicken pieces on a foil lined cookie sheet and put in the oven. Take spicy mustard and mix with honey to make the dip for the nuggets while they are in the oven. I served these with slaw and sweet potato fries. This was really delicious and so healthy I hope you guys try this recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment