Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Story

If you want to lose weight or just be healthier it is so easy to do so. I started eating better and exercising and I never felt better. I eat really good whole some foods. I don't diet or starve myself. I simply don't eat garbage/fake foods.

I started this in January of this year. I started with a 21 day detox. I always start my "wanting to eat healthy again" routines with a detox. It was really hard but I have done it before but it had been a while and the first and second week in was killer. I kept thinking about greasy burgers and fries. Sometimes I would have to sneak a potato chip here and there but as the days went by my taste for foods began to change. It was in February when I noticed that a lot more people were into the detox diet, more then when I first discovered the book at Borders in 2007. I would do this diet twice a year just to rid my body of toxins. I liked this diet because I always felt so good and energetic. Basically this diet is vegan protein shakes for breakfast, steamed veggies and brown rice OR vegan lentil soup for lunch and for dinner 4 oz fish, brown rice and 2 cups of steamed veggies plus a bunch of supplements in between meals. And there is a list of seasonings you can use for example different herbs and lemon juice. 21 days is the max amount of days that you can eat this way after the detox you can re-introduce foods hopefully good ones. I can go on and on but what I found out this time around that people that did detox diets also eat clean. So, I was like what is clean eating? I read everything I could on it like a sponge trying to soak up all this great information all leading to the same thing DO NOT EAT PROCESSED FOODS! READ INGREDIENTS CAREFULLY! If I did this and exercised I could be healthy instead of working out hours at the gym and eating fat free processed crap and other things my body cannot process. It was the light at the tunnel. It all made sense now. Well let me tell you, I have never felt better I wish I knew this years ago. It is NOT ABOUT DIETING it is about EATING REAL FOODS and making it a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

This is how I did my workouts. At first I got discourage because I was trying to workout hard like I used to but I couldn't keep up with Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred level 1. I said to myself not to be discouraged, that I will work up to it. I was overweight and I had just stopped smoking cigarettes. So I had to start from the bottom and work my way up. I walked around the neighborhood 2 miles every day in 20 degree weather. I mixed this up with kundalini yoga 3 times a week. And I did work my way up to the third level of Jillian's exercise video. Now, my exercise routine is walking thru the trails at the park here and then sprinting on the fields after and weight training at night. I am so proud of myself. That is dedication right there. I am also proud of my workout partner and trainer.

I am not a nutritionist, I/m just someone who does a lot of research and loves reading about new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment