Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pre/Post Beauty: Cleansers, Lotions and Toners




















Cleansers, lotions and toners! I searched high and low for the best recipes, with ingredients I had already and these are the products I came up with and have been using for the past month. I am in LOVE with the Peppermint Chamomile face wash. The minty smell and tingle feel so good on the face. It's gentle yet removes dirt and makeup off my face so easily. I have been using this as my nighttime cleanser but lately have been using this in the mornings because the invigorating peppermint smell gets me going for those early AM runs. After I wash my face, morning or night, I follow with this ACV & Green Tea toner and then I use my Green Tea Face Cream which really works. I do not have a pic because I need to make more. Cleansing Grains make my skin so soft. It is different because it is an alternative to soap cleansers. It does not remove makeup so I like this as a morning cleanser or days I go makeup free. I also follow this with toner. Just use a small cup and sprinkle the grains and add your liquid of choice for mixing. Cleansing grains take a little getting used to but it is very versatile because you can customize to your skin: oily (use water or witch hazel), dry (use goat's milk or cow milk), and normal (use rosewater). I use water. So just mix the grains and liquid and let it sit for a second until it gets a little more thicker. Now scrub on your face. To make a mask, just make a thicker paste and apply on your face and let it sit for 20 mins. Wash. Once a month I do a facial of some kind. The Orange Facial Exfoliate is good. I mix it with my face wash and scrub my face. Another thing I do is micro-dermabrasion with lemon juice, organic baking soda and an automatic toothbrush.  Apply toner after of course.




















I used to remove my eye makeup with Vaseline and then I read about how it was made and what it is. Yuck. Now I use olive oil or coconut oil. Coconut oil has many beauty benefits so I always keep some in a separate container in the bathroom. I love this face cream because it is like a beauty balm made with aloe, Vit E, jojoba oil, cocoa butter and beeswax.

No comments:

Post a Comment