Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Making Almond Milk and Flour

Ok so, I first started out buying almond milk from the store but that started to get $$$ AND not to mention all the added ingredients that the store bought milk has in it. So I searched youtube.com for almond milk making demos. Found many and it looked easy enough and I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, so I gave it a try. But I had a back-up store bought milk in my frig just in case. It was so easy to do and tasted soooooooooooooo delicious and fresh! I never went back to store bought almond milk again. So, if you have the chance you should definitely try to make your own. 
 
 These almonds have been soaking over night in filtered water. Then were rinsed of the old water and put in the blender with fresh filtered water and a whole vanilla bean.
 
 
Blend, blend, blend!
 
 
 
 
Look how creamy it is and it smells so vanilla-y! Once all blended, it's time to strain.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Take the almond pulp and place on a cookie sheet and put in the oven at the lowest setting to dry out and make almond flour. Take dry pulp and grind in food processor. See how easy? 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment