Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Waffles for breakfast? Sure.


After many tries at making protein pancakes and waffles, these turned out really good. They tasted like cake and then I poured some maple syrup on them... WOW it was hard to believe these were good for me. I found this recipe online but I changed a few things around. One was using almond flour (that I made the other day) instead of oat flour just because it's fun to experiment and see how things turn out. I also used one whole egg instead of using a bunch of egg whites which is fine but today I was experimenting. Also in these waffles are almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract. They take a little longer in the waffle maker because they break apart easily so it's better to leave it in there longer. At one point, I thought I was burning them but no they actually needed more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment