Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Midnight madness

Who likes late night food shopping? I do! There's no lines and no one getting in my way. You have the place almost to yourself. So, we found a lot of great deals on veggies at Shop Rite. Fresh greens from a farm in NJ for .99/lb You can eat healthy and not break the bank by shopping smart. I should have taken a picture of my findings last night but I came home with 3 bags full of produce for only $35! Aldi's also has a lot of cheap healthy items. If you must buy almond milk from the store they always have it for 2.50, they also have non fat Greek yogurt. I get my proteins in bulk so that I can portion it out and freeze. I buy almonds in bulk because that can get pricy if you are buying little bags of almonds from the store on a weekly basis. Same goes for my maple, honey and agave, all bought in bulk. It's cheaper and it's annoying to have to go to the store all the time. You should be buying produce weekly. Last week, we stocked up on grains and things from my new favorite store, Nature's Pantry. If you haven't shopped there you should check it out. It's your typical whole foods store and they have reasonable prices and everything you need. The staff is friendly but the customers are not. I love that you can buy stuff in bulk there. I tried some of their healthy treats but honestly mine tasted better.

And speaking of treats, I made some delicious no-bake cookies using a recipe that my cousins and I used to make when we were kids but I just cleaned it up a bit. They were DELCIOUS and did not last. These were definitely a treat AND it was clean and healthy. Of course, I will post pics here for you guys to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment