Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Morning juices

 
 
Juicing fruits and veggies are so great for your body especially after a hard workout to replenish your body's nutrients after all that sweating. It is so refreshing and keeps you going throughout the day. Juicing is good because you are using parts of the vegetable/fruit that you sometimes would not eat. For example, you would not eat the stalks from kale but you can juice them. It is natural and best of all there is no high fructose corn syrup in here AKA poison. That stuff can make you ill.

My morning routine before I start my day, is a hard workout, juice, lots of water and then a protein shake; mostly everyday that's my breakfast. This morning I ran with the cicadas at Bowdoin (read my past post on that story lol) and then came home and made this juice that I would like to share with you guys. It doesn't have a cool name yet but it's for 2 servings: 5 large carrots, 2 apples, 2 oranges and 3 kale stalks. After it is juiced, I stir and then pour into frosted glasses. These are also surprisingly filling, I mean you are consuming 2.5 carrots, 1 apple and orange and 1.5 kale stalk for one in minutes.
 
Cleaning up the juicer after is a pain but after all, everything good for you doesn't come easy! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment