Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

To cheat or not to cheat. Cheat Meals.

 
 
So once a week or so I have a cheat meal but I am not sure if I can call it a cheat meal because it's not outside food and fresh ingredients are still being used so maybe my eggplant was fried in olive oil instead of baked and I used Parmesan cheese but it was a fresh wedge cheese that was grated over my plate. Yes, those are beef meatballs, but it was 90/10 and no eggs or bread crumbs were involved in the making of these meatballs (it's top secret). Yes, that's pasta but it's gluten free rice noodles because I already had wheat (WW flour for the breading on the eggplant) on my plate. And yes, I ate this whole plate of food and did not feel lazy and tired after BECAUSE it was clean!!! Mostly veggies on my plate. This clean Italian meal was prepared by my PIC and a great and talented chef. And yes, I had some red wine with my meal. So really, the only things unclean about this meal to make it a "cheat meal" for me was the red wine and the cheese. I could never get something this good and healthy anywhere else and we have tried many restaurants in the Dutchess County area, and with the exception of like 3 places, we usually leave the eateries feeling unsatisfied. Are we the only ones feeling this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment